3.12.10

Trashed!

So I promised you some new action figure stuff this week, and here it is. I had the day off from work today, so I spent it alone at home with my camera, my laptop and my superheroes.... and this is how all that ended up. It's a bit wordy, but I was having fun with it. If you don't like it, at least the entire day wasn't wasted - I still got all of the laundry and the dishes done and all of the garbage taken out....so there.

********************************************


( click on pages to view larger )













***********************************************


In case you were wondering, I shoot everything on a Pentax k200d, with a Tamron 90mm f2.5 manual focus lens. It's all then edited with Adobe Photoshop 7 and Comic Life. (I really need to upgrade my Photoshop, BTW) Focus is a little loose on some shots, but I actually think it enhances the mood. It's all shot hand-held at ISO 1600 in Aperture Priority (Av) Mode. Although I make it sound complicated, it's really a matter of tweaking a button, framing the shot and releasing the shutter when the focus indicator beeps.... 

So what if you don't know much about photography, and you weren't wondering... Well in that case, just consider this to be free lesson #2 in my series on action figure photography. You can view free lesson #1 here. I like to think of my blog as being both entertaining and educational. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Even though this blog rarely ever has anything to do with Star Wars; until we meet again,

May the Force be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment